Review of Operational Medication Management Systems and Administration Practices.
Pathways Health & Education Consultants Pty Ltd can facilitate a review your current medication practices and operational systems. In accordance with the recorded observations, findings and any identified areas for improvement that are recognised as a result of the system review, suggested action strategies and support in ongoing development and improvement of the medication systems as well as staff skills and knowledge can be facilitated.
The purpose of the medication review / audit would be to-
- Review the present operational medication management system in accordance with legal, statutory and professional standards and requirements.
- Assess current staff practices and medication management systems.
- Consult with both management and staff concerning medication management practices and needs.
The review would be scheduled over 2.5 days and involve:
- A desktop audit of the relevant organisation documentation relating to medication management.
- Workplace observation and discussion.
- Review of available medication resources including medication trolleys and storage areas.
- Assessment of monitoring and surveillance systems for drug errors and incidents.
What you can expect from Pathways:
- Ongoing consultation and discussion with management and staff in relation to findings, particularly during the period of consultation.
- The provision of a documented summary report outlining the findings of the medication review / audit.
- Provision of suggested continuous improvement strategies in accordance with identified medication management needs.
- Consultation and support of management in the designing of required action plan initiatives and implementing of change management processes.
To obtain further information or discuss your needs please contact us