This workshop is designed to assist staff in understanding of the meaning of elder abuse, the relevance and application that this has to the residential aged care environment and the individual staff members’ role and responsibility.
It provides staff with the opportunity to further explore and develop their understanding in relation to Commonwealth legislation and regulatory requirements pertaining to this area, as well as an overview of the organisation’s policy and procedure regarding elder abuse.
– The issue of Elder Abuse in today’s community
– Risk factors for abuse
– Strategies to assist in the prevention of abuse
– A closer look at legislation and reporting requirements for Elder Abuse – Understanding compulsory reporting requirements
– Aged care complaints handling and investigation process
– Police checks for staff and volunteers
– Participation in group discussions within the workshop.
– Completion of workshop case study/s.