This workshop is designed to assist staff in maintaining effective infection control practices throughout the aged care facility, by providing education to enhance the appropriate knowledge and skills to ensure a safe environment of care.
Key topics include:
- Exploring the spread of micro-organisms and the importance of required practices.
- Examining current infection control practices and the individuals’ duty of care, understanding and competency.
- Detailing the appropriate use of personal protective equipment (PPE) in the workplace.
- Developing an understanding of outbreak management including how to recognise it, and the appropriate action that is needed to be implemented.
Competency assessment is determined through:
- Participation in group discussions within the workshop.
- Completion of a hand hygiene competency including use of soap / water and alcoholic hand rub.
- Completion of a blood spill / body fluid management competency
- Completion of a glove removal competency.
- Completion of an infection control learning review worksheet (individual and group activity).
- Completion of a PPE activity in relation to donning and removal of resources.